The bathing suits may be back in the closet but that’s no excuse to stop staying fit. This edition of the Weekender is here to prevent you from hibernating like a bear all winter. Thanks to some of the indoor and outdoor activities our Tipsters have tagged you’ll be fit enough that those cozy winter days indoors will be spent with guilt free indulgence of any food you desire.
Where can I play tennis? Okay so we’re starting with one that will probably be the most weather dependent but if you love to play tennis then these are the places you should hit up. Think a place is missing? Then go to www.tipntag.com and add tag your tip!
- Shuttlers Badminton Academy: The first Badminton Academy in Jordan is the place where they teach badminton in hopes of spreading the game throughout the community. They pride themselves in staying true to the game and in keeping a high level of fitness. They offer group badminton trainings three times a week Sunday/Tuesday/Friday for 2 hours and the cost per session is 7 JDs, which includes equipment, court rental fees and a bottle of water. Monthly memberships range from 50 JD to 60 JD depending on the amount of games.
- Amman Baccalaureate School
- Rawdat Al-Ma’aref School
- Social Sports Amman (SSA) : Social Sports Amman has been established with the mission of creating the largest network of sports leagues in which participants can have a great social, athletic experience. SSA Football League 2012 (8 on 8 ) will kick off on October 7th, 2012 till December 21st, 2012 at the New English School. The season is 11 weeks long with 12 teams divided into 2 groups. Each team will compete against every team in their group twice during the season. Deadline to signup is today October 3rd, 2012! So hurry up before its too late. (If you’re reading this late, don’t worry they plan on having a Spring edition).
- Amman Academy Club
- New English School
- VolleyJO: Is the only community of amateur volleyball players in Jordan. By joining their Facebook page you simply write your name if you wish to join a game. It is a great way to stay in shape and meet new friends!
Where can I take yoga classes? For all you yogis out there many styles of yoga haven’t made its way to Jordan yet, but below is a list of places recommended for you to get your savasana on!
- SheFighter: SheFighter is the 1st Self-Defense Program in the Middle East designed for women and taught by female instructors. SheFighter empowers females physically and mentally by providing Self-Defense courses.
- DNA: Aims to help you reach your goals with a team of experts in the fields of exercise physiology, exercise rehabilitation and human nutrition. They believe that you are as “unique as your DNA; so they cater to you one person at a time.”
- Ultimate MMA Academy: We featured them in our Daydreamer, Capoeira & MMA! Check it out to see all the different styles they offer and your first class is free!
- Cycling Jordan: They offer organized and guided cycling tours for all ages where you can discover and explore the hidden and less traveled routes of beautiful Jordan.
- Nader Bikes: This company offers amazing cycling, hiking and camping events with more than 30 canyons to explore and more than 50 cycling routs to enjoy. You can go in a group or arrange a private trip, no worries if you are not the best cyclist, they provide special biking course free of charge.
- Bike Rush: Bike Rush is a group of professional cyclists aiming to provide you with the ultimate outdoor cycling experience all around Jordan. They offer a wide range of services and promise a memorable experience that will leave you coming back for more.